Friday, March 26, 2010

Captured


I think photographs should bring forth an emotion. Often the interpretation of what one sees it what makes us like or dislike a photo. I believe that each captured moment should evoke some sort of emotion. I am curious what others see when viewing some of my photos. I wish I understood how others thought about ones such as this particular shot. I am sure the passerby's were wondering what the crazy lady was doing snapping a photo of weeds on a fence?!

My mind sees flowers that are bending and reaching for some sort of escape. They want out. They want to be free. They are captured in. However, the closer they get to their escape, the more their true colors show as they begin to blossom. Little by little....they will make it to where they want to be. And on this day, I captured part of their journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment