Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thank You


Today was a day blanketed in sadness for many people in the Central Valley. Last week a tragic and selfish act took the lives of two men who served our police force. I did not know these men, nor did I know their families. But today as I watched a funeral courageously shared through the local television, my heart felt of sadness and loss. I was reminded that the men and women in uniform are more than protectors of our community; they are parents and friends - to many.
Many businesses showed respect as the flag flown at half staff in mourning for this loss. This photo was taken from the Cal Fire station in Sanger. It was only a few minutes drive from the location of last weeks life changing events.

To those who serve....Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. Kristi, I love this post. It's sad, but what a day for you to post this. My brother in law left today for 14 months in Afghanistan. He's a marine and appreciates people like you who support our troops and hope for the best while they're deployed. So sad for the families who've suffered such loss though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson,

    What a compliment that you were able to read this simple post on a day that means so much emotion to you.God bless your brother in law...he has a job that sets him miles away above the rest :)

    ReplyDelete