Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Purple


From the corner of my eye, something caught my attention. It was bright and filled the sky...but it was purple. I knew I needed to steal a piece of this moment that lay before me.
I thought it too beautiful to miss, too bold to ignore, and too beautiful to keep hidden away. Therefore, I share it with you. No matter where you live, no matter who you love, and no matter what you have ever done in your life...I hope that you can share in this same beautiful purple sky.



"PURPLE"
Don't ignore me

I am regal
Unusual and beautiful
at the same time
the color of lilacs, violets and eggplant
plums, grapes and
the inside of the rainbow
the sky before the sun sinks
below the horizon for its nightly nap
amethyst, magenta, indigo, and lavender
I am purple.
Katley Demetria Brown

1 comment: