Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Precious Valley


I was born and raised in the Central Valley of California. This area is known for its rich agriculture. Even though I am a city mouse (living in a country house) I feel comfort in the acres of trees filled with blossoms and fruit that surround me. As my son and I drove home this afternoon I noticed orchard after orchard full of bright orange dots. Some were on the trees while others appeared sprinkled on the surrounding dirt like confetti. This picture is beautiful, or so I think. I have stopped here before. I have even walked in this orchard pondering very important decisions that needed to be made in my life. The orchard heard my inner most thoughts and confessions. *Thanks Orange Friends!*
The ironic thing? I hate to eat oranges. I am not even particularly fond of the smell of a freshly peeled orange. However, I will gladly take a picture of their bright beautiful skin as it contrasts against the branches of green. Especially this particular orchard.

Orange you glad I took this picture?

1 comment:

  1. this is just so beautiful. the green...the oranges. life. all i see is dead stuff and gray and snow. its so nice to see bright pictures like this for a change.

    ReplyDelete